Canada is the 2nd largest country in terms of its size located in the northern part of the continent of North America. People are keen for immigration Canada due to the consistent high rankings of this country in the Human Development Index.
Immigration to Canada is the process by which people migrate to Canada to reside in this country. The majority of these individuals become Canadian citizens. After 1947, domestic immigration law and policy went through major changes, most notably with the Immigration Act, 1976, and the current Immigration and Refugee Protection Act from 2002. Canada immigration policies are still evolving.
As of January 2015, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has a new electronic system called Express Entry to manage applications for permanent residence under certain economic immigration programs.
1.This country also offers the most supporting social security benefits program for immigrants and their families. Canada’s educational and health facilities are among the best in the world and are highly subsidized. School education is completely free, Hospitalization is free, Child tax benefits etc…
2. A Canadian passport holder also enjoys a visa free travel for almost all major countries across the world. This is one major reason why businessmen, high net worth individuals and investors apply for Canadian Immigration and best handled by experts at VISAS Avenue.
3. Canada immigration rules are not as rigorous when compared to other countries, hence is much easier to qualify. Even in the face of world recession, Canada has not cut down on its Immigration quota, so it is still the biggest immigration delivery support hub for all.
4. Canada’s minimum wage $11.40. So it has one of the best salary benefits for workers around the world with good working conditions. i.e. a person working 8 hours for 22 days in Canada he is earning atleast equivalent to 1 lacs Indian rupees that is the min. salary. Further from Jan 1, 2018 it will be increased to $ 14 per hour and from Jan 1, 2019 it will be further increased to $ 15 per hour in Ontario.
5. Pollution free environment, Canada has the world lowest level of pollution.
6. This country gives right to religion, culture, language choice and the freedom of communication.
Note: Please note that this process and Government Fees are subject to change as per discretion of government .
What is a Canada Immigration Visa?
It is a document that permits a person to work and live in one of the Canadian province or territory. It comes with several responsibilities and may be revoked in case the holder does not obey the Canadian residency obligations or is found guilty of conducting criminal activities in the country.
What is a Canadian Permanent Resident Card?
A Canadian Permanent Resident Card is a small, secured plastic card which contains the cardholder's personal details and confirms the holder’s status as a Permanent Resident of Canada.
When can I obtain citizenship of Canada?
The Canadian Citizenship can typically be obtained after a period of three years of Permanent residence in Canada.
Is dual citizenship recognized in Canada?
Yes. Since 1977, the Canadian country has permitted its citizens to hold multiple or dual citizenship. This means that a citizen of Canada will not lose his/her Canadian citizenship in case he/she retains his/her native nation’s citizenship.
As a Canadian citizen, am I bound to pay income tax on my worldwide income?
No, not in all cases. As per the general rules, you are only required to pay the Canadian income tax on worldwide income if you are a resident. With that said, it is best to seek advice from a consultant on all Canadian taxation related matters before making any decisions.
Is there an eligibility occupation list under the Federal Skilled Worker Visa category?
No, there is no eligibility occupation list prevalent at this time under the Federal Skilled Worker Visa category. Applicants of this category must have a minimum one year work experience in the last 10 years in a National Occupation Classification (NOC) code types O, A and B.
Do students need a student visa for pursuing a short term course?
The need for a student visa majorly depends on the length of the course. If the course duration is less than six months, then there is no need for a student visa. However, if the course duration is more than six months, you must apply for a student visa.
Can an individual apply for a Temporary Work Permit and a Canada Immigration Visa?
Yes. An individual can apply only for a Temporary Work Permit or in combination with an application for an immigration visa. CIC recognizes dual intent, whereby an individual can work in Canada on temporary basis and thereafter live and work in the country permanently
What is a Provincial Nominee program?
The Provincial Nominee program was instituted by Citizenship and Immigration Canada to permit different provinces and territories of Canada to select individuals who have required skills and experience for filling in the position of work which cannot be done by existing workforce in Canada and further contribute to the economic development of the country. Most territories and provinces within the country take part in the Provincial Nominee programs.
What is the Canadian Experience Class Program?
The Canadian Experience Class Program is an immigration category that permits temporary international workers to work in the country with a Permanent Resident Visa of Canada.